You know him. We love him. The iconic, Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy will be at Cosmic Charlies on July 7th to support Appalshop (check out details below). He is a man that needs little to no introduction, so we will simply say, grab your ticket before they are gone. You can get’em here. Tickets are $15. Show starts at 8pm. It’s a Saturday, so the drive back to Louisville isn’t bad, if you have to make the trek. And it is for a good cause. All around positive stuff. Even this track, in an odd way…
Bonny Billy w/ The Picket Line- Death to Everyone
Appalshop is a non-profit multi-disciplinary arts and education center in the heart of Appalachia producing original films, video, theater, music and spoken-word recordings, radio, photography, multimedia, and books.
Our education and training programs support communities’ efforts to solve their own problems in a just and equitable way. Each year, Appalshop productions and services reach several million people nationally and internationally.
Appalshop is dedicated to the proposition that the world is immeasurably enriched when local cultures garner the resources, including new technologies, to tell their own stories and to listen to the unique stories of others. The creative acts of listening and telling are Appalshop’s core competency.
OUR GOALS ARE TO ENLIST THE POWER OF EDUCATION, MEDIA, THEATER, MUSIC, AND OTHER ARTS:
- to document, disseminate, and revitalize the lasting traditions and contemporary creativity of Appalachia;
- to tell stories the commercial cultural industries don’t tell, challenging stereotypes with Appalachian voices and visions;
- to support communities’ efforts to achieve justice and equity and solve their own problems in their own ways;
- to celebrate cultural diversity as a positive social value; and
- to participate in regional, national, and global dialogue toward these ends.